Company: Shipbuilding and repair company based in Dubai, UAE. Company offers services such as ship repair, conversion, new building, offshore construction, and engineering. It has a large workforce and are known for their expertise in the maritime industry.
JOB OBJECTIVES (SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB PURPOSE)
Plan, communicate and coordinate piping jobs on assigned projects and to meet set milestones in order to deliver the projects in safe and timely manner.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Follow and comply to information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
- Follows the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
- Ensure client/customer’s property is taken care while executing the tasks.
- Adherence to company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policy and department work instructions.
- Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe/quality manner in line with project completion schedules and budgeted man-hours.
- Support Supervisor and Planners in preplanning, generations of program and updating of progress report.
- Conduct effective Tool Box Talks with assigned team members to highlight Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained on work area.
- Perform job objectives as directed by the Foreman – Sr. / Supervisor in line with project specific work spec/instructions and department standard work practices.
- Prepare job turn over for next shift and prepare daily progress reports for job done under his supervision.
- Prepare daily time sheets for the team and make sure overtime hours are controlled well.
- Prepare permit to work forms and risk assessments which is in line with company safety policy.
- Work area safety analysis to perform and communicate with team member as well report near miss/ hazard spotted as required.
- Coordinate with project team for identifying the job scope and timely highlighting of discrepancies from owner specifications./tenders.
- Proactive participation in identifying process errors/quality issues and raising non-conformances through company procedures and providing effort to develop corrective/preventive actions and control measures for the same.
- Ensure optimum use of resources and adequate control on wastage of materials/consumables.
- Monitor & follow up of pipe spools status critical for completion of schedules.
- Enhance proper communication with other trades regarding sequential activities as well assistance requirements.
- Perform other specific tasks allocated by department head in line with piping activities or general process improvements.
- Take initiative steps towards improvement of the in-process work procedures to enhance productivity/quality/safety
- Work as a team leader responsible for development of sub-ordinates, on the job training and performance appraisal of the team members
- Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Assists in the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet company and department requirements, policies and standards.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed
- Able to communicate with English verbally and written..
- Knowledge of additional languages is an added advantage.
- Conversant with interpretations of P & ID, isometric and general arrangement drawings.
- Familiar with tools, equipment and machines required to execute pipe fabrication, erection and installations of pipe spools.
- Shall be conversant with pipe fabrication tolerances, safe working practices, quality standards for marine/shipyard, shore and offshore piping industry.
- Familiar with the piping materials international standard comparison and material alternatives.
- Able to draw piping isometric drawings, define and prepare material requisition to material controllers.
- Verify specific requirements for material received against MR i.e. certificates, test reports, etc.
- Familiar with ASME B31.3 or other equivalents standard related to codes in piping industry.
- Knowledge with IACS rules and other marine code for piping industry.
- Win trust of subordinates and stakeholders by being exemplar on honesty
- Think out of the box, communicate clearly and succinctly
- Organize and prioritize a course of actions and follow through
- Communicate with subordinates in a friendly manner to create a better working atmosphere.
- Listening to tbt and other instructions from superiors with utmost attention and intervene wherever necessary with improving suggestions.
Benefits and other criteria:
- Salary – 2600 AED
- Overtime – As per UAE labor law.
- Medical Insurance: As per UAE labor law.
- Period of Employment – Unlimited Contract
- Place of Employment – Dubai, U.A.E
- Probationary period – 6 Months
- Working Hours – 8 Hours per day (174 hours per month)
- Accommodation – Free A/C sharing accommodation.
- Transport – No transport is involved as Staff Accommodation is opposite to shipping docks.
- Food – Free food
- Leavepassage – Economy class ticket once in two years
- Leave – 22 working days in a year
- Deploymentticket – will be provided by a company
- Otherterms& conditions – As per UAE Labor Law.