Company: Shipbuilding and repair company based in Dubai, UAE. Company offers services such as ship repair, conversion, new building, offshore construction, and engineering. It has a large workforce and are known for their expertise in the maritime industry.
JOB OBJECTIVES (SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB PURPOSE)
Plan, assign and communicate mechanical jobs in the yard to workers in order to meet set milestones and to ensure timely delivery of projects.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Follow and comply to Information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
- Lead and supervise workers to performoverhauling of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipment will include but not limited to:Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
- Lead and supervise workers to performoverhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipment will include:Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris marine, Re-tubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler cleaning, High-pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, etc. repair and Rigging items up to 30 tons.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Assist the senior foreman and supervisors in planning activities to ensure optimum use of resources.
- Ensure that the workers are properly supplied with machineries, tools, equipment and materials and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance.
- Coach and guide workers to ensure safety, productivity and quality are maintained.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the workers performance is up to the set standards.
- Create progress reports on a daily basis and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor i.e. resource shortfalls, surplus, HSEQ concerns.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Good knowledge of English language.
- Knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ability to understand, read and interpret drawings.
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines
- Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices
- Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
- Leading other
- People skills
- Team oriented
- Client / customer orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Ownership / Accountability
- Mentoring & Coaching
Benefits and other criteria:
- Salary – 2900 AED
- Overtime – As per UAE labor law.
- Medical Insurance: As per UAE labor law.
- Period of Employment – Unlimited Contract
- Place of Employment – Dubai, U.A.E
- Probationary period – 6 Months
- Working Hours – 8 Hours per day (174 hours per month)
- Accommodation – Free A/C sharing accommodation.
- Transport – No transport is involved as Staff Accommodation is opposite to shipping docks.
- Food – Free food
- Leavepassage – Economy class ticket once in two years
- Leave – 22 working days in a year
- Deploymentticket – will be provided by a company
- Otherterms& conditions – As per UAE Labor Law.