Company: Shipbuilding and repair company based in Dubai, UAE. Company offers services such as ship repair, conversion, new building, offshore construction, and engineering. It has a large workforce and are known for their expertise in the maritime industry.
JOB OBJECTIVES (SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB PURPOSE)
Plan, assign and communicate machining jobs in the yard to workers to meet set milestones in order to ensure timely delivery of projects.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Follow and comply to Information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
- Supervise and provide support while operating the balancing machine, CNC boring machine, conventional boring machine, CNC milling machine, conventional milling machine, NC lathe machine, conventional large lathe machine, drilling machine, grinding machine, In situ machining, vertical lathe machine and calibration of precision tools.
- Check materials prior to use to ensure theymeet the required standardsand report damages when required.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Assist the senior foreman and supervisors in planning activities ensuring jobs completed within schedule and cost.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the workers performance is up to the set standards.
- Provide coaching and guidance to machine operators to ensure productivity and quality are maintained.
- Create progress reports on a daily basis and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor i.e. resource shortfalls, surplus, HSEQ concerns.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed
- Good knowledge of English languages.
- Knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ability to understand, read and interpret drawings.
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices
- Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
- Leading other
- People skills
- Team oriented
- Client / customer orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Ownership / Accountability
- Mentoring & Coaching
Benefits and other criteria:
- Salary – 2900 AED
- Overtime – As per UAE labor law.
- Medical Insurance: As per UAE labor law.
- Period of Employment – Unlimited Contract
- Place of Employment – Dubai, U.A.E
- Probationary period – 6 Months
- Working Hours – 8 Hours per day (174 hours per month)
- Accommodation – Free A/C sharing accommodation.
- Transport – No transport is involved as Staff Accommodation is opposite to shipping docks.
- Food – Free food
- Leavepassage – Economy class ticket once in two years
- Leave – 22 working days in a year
- Deploymentticket – will be provided by a company
- Otherterms& conditions – As per UAE Labor Law.