Company: Shipbuilding and repair company based in Dubai, UAE. Company offers services such as ship repair, conversion, new building, offshore construction, and engineering. It has a large workforce and are known for their expertise in the maritime industry.
JOB OBJECTIVES (SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB PURPOSE)
Planning to ensure instructions regarding work requirements are relayed from the appropriate documents e.g., paint specifications, work instruction so that jobs are carried in order to meet as per specification/standards.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Follow and comply to Information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
- Ensuring all process for which they are responsible is performed according to the standards specified.
- Allocating paint distribution by area/volume.
- Performing on the job training as necessary.
- Ensuring all work is completed to the standards specified before final inspections are expects to be fulfilled.
- Coordinate work progress with project managers.
- Ensure allocated manpower progressive accordingly as set target by supervisor.
- Maintain good working relationship with workers, supervisor and management
- Work within allocated timescale to meet department targets
- Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the workers performance is up to the set standards.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Fair knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand spoken and written instruction.
- Proficient in bench fitting and able to read and understand mechanical working drawings
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines.
- Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
- Team oriented.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Safety, quality and environment conscious.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Benefits and other criteria:
- Salary – 2600 AED
- Overtime – As per UAE labor law.
- Medical Insurance: As per UAE labor law.
- Period of Employment – Unlimited Contract
- Place of Employment – Dubai, U.A.E
- Probationary period – 6 Months
- Working Hours – 8 Hours per day (174 hours per month)
- Accommodation – Free A/C sharing accommodation.
- Transport – No transport is involved as Staff Accommodation is opposite to shipping docks.
- Food – Free food
- Leavepassage – Economy class ticket once in two years
- Leave – 22 working days in a year
- Deploymentticket – will be provided by a company
- Otherterms& conditions – As per UAE Labor Law.